SoilOptix is looking for another hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join our team. Please read the following job description carefully and apply here if you are interested.
The GIS Analyst is responsible for digital mapping techniques using technology to analyze ecological data for the purposes of tracking/mapping soil properties. The activities and tasks listed below are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbent in this position and are not all-inclusive. As workflow demands, you are responsible for helping out in any department, as appropriate, that may require additional assistance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties vary significantly from job to job, but the following list includes typical job duties one might encounter as a GIS analyst:
- Input, analyze and organize raw data.
- Create, develop, and maintain data sets
- Use maps and data sets for spatial analysis.
- Use statistics to generate models and reports of geographical statistics based on spatial data.
- Evaluate GIS models through quality control measures.
- Validate spatial models through the lens of soil science
- Liaise with colleagues and counterparts in other organizations to share information and procure data sets.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs.
- Gathering, entering, analyzing data, including manipulating and cleaning up data sources
- Generating maps and charts
- Reviewing maps, photos, and surveys and capturing data
- Data management
In the field (minimal based on business needs):
- Recording data and surveying areas
- Verifying survey data and map information
- Liaising with clients
Education & Qualification Requirements
- This position requires at a minimum education – university undergraduate degree or college diploma.
- GIS or Statistical Background required
- Soil Science Background (great to have)
Must qualify for the ECO Internship Program – Accepted applicant(s) will be asked to register at: http://www.eco.ca/internship/internquiz
Practical Precision is committed to a fair and inclusive work environment. We will endeavor to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the hiring process. All resume information is received in confidence. While we appreciate and thank all applicants, we will only directly contact those candidates selected for interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- GIS: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Preferred)
- Tavistock, ON (Preferred)