SoilOptix and Practical Precision are looking to add another member to our Data Processing team. If you are interested in a fast paced, hardworking environment within the Precision Agriculture industry, please Apply Here
Please find the job description below:
The successful candidate must possess the ability to anticipate the needs of the business/client demands. We are looking for someone who takes great pride in their work, is energetic, outgoing and is willing to part of a growing organization.
No position can exist on its own; each position relies on others within other organization to achieve the individual and corporate goals. Our client prides itself on their team atmosphere, and as such, expects that all of our employees act as team members to create a business atmosphere that allows for the highest returns for their clients.
The GIS Analyst is responsible for digital mapping techniques using technology to analyze ecological data for the purposes of tracking, mapping erosion and monitoring water quality. The activities and tasks listed below are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbents in this position and are not all-inclusive. As workflow demands, you are responsible for helping out in any department, as appropriate, that may require additional assistance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Duties vary significantly from job to job, but the following list includes typical job duties one might encounter as a GIS analyst:
- Use computer programs and software packages to prepare graphic reports, maps, and charts.
- Input, analyze and organize raw data.
- Create, develop, and maintain databases.
- Use maps and data sets for spatial analysis.
- Develop computer software regimes to customize geographical information.
- Running interpolated raster’s in GIS Software (QGIS)
- Compile spatial data sets for a variety of sources, including census data, Global Positioning System (GPS) data, field observations and environmental monitoring data.
- Using statistics to generate modelling formulas (R) and reports of geographical statistics based on spatial data.
- Evaluate GIS models through quality control measures.
- Liaise with colleagues and counterparts in other organizations to share information and procure data sets.
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs.
- Gathering, entering, and analyzing data, including manipulating data and cleaning up data sources
- Generating maps and charts
- Reviewing maps, photos, and surveys and capturing data
- Managing databases
- Communicating on the phone and in meetings with clients, colleagues, and stakeholders
- Providing training to staff members
In the field:
- Recording data and surveying areas
- Verifying survey data and map information
- Liaising with clients
Education & Qualification Requirements
This position requires at a minimum education a university undergraduate degree.
Must qualify for the ECO Internship Program – Accepted applicant(s) will be asked to register at: http://www.eco.ca/internship/internquiz
SoilOptix®Inc. was established in February 2017 as a partnership between Hubei Forbon Technologies, a large, progressive Chinese fertilizer company and Practical Precision, an influential precision ag technology company in southwestern Ontario. SoilOptix provides the highest definition soil nutrient and texture maps to farmers, allowing for greater accuracy in management decisions on a field to field scale. SoilOptix®is operated by Practical Precision’s owners Paul and Barry Raymer out of their office in Tavistock, Ontario.
Job Type: Full-time
- GIS: 1 year (Preferred)