GIS Analyst: Level 1
We are looking for another innovative individual to join our team! View the updated listing below for the position of GIS Analyst: Level 1
You can download the PDF version here:
You can also view the listing on Indeed
Please forward all resume’s to
GIS Analyst: Level 1
Main Purpose of the Job:
The GIS Analyst is responsible for digital mapping techniques using technology to analyize soil data for the purposes of mapping soil properties and classes. The activities and tasks listed below are intended to be representative of the work performed by the incumbents in this position and are not all-inclusive. As workflow demands, responsibilities will include helping in any (department as appropriate) that may require additional assistance.
Team Lead and Special Projects Coordinator
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use computer programs and software packages to prepare graphical reports, maps, charts and figures
- Run daily objectives and tasks that are critical to business initiatives
- Input, analyse and organize raw data
- Create, develop and maintain databases
- Use maps and data sets for spatial analysis
- Develop computer software regimes to customize geographical information, and the ability to iteratively process data in a clean and organized fashion
- Use of GIS software (interpolating, creating, editing boundaries etc.)
- Compile spatial data sets for a variety of sources, Global Positioning System (GPS) data, field observations and environmental monitoring data
- Using statistics to evaluate modelling formulas (“R” or similar statistical programs) and reports of geographical statistics based on spatial data
- Evaluate GIS models through quality control measures and ensure data standards are maintained in a well and organized manner
- Document all processes accurately and clearly for reproductivity
- Ability to complete and have input on research tasks as they arise
- Liaise with colleagues and counterparts in other organizations to share information and procure data sets
- Work in a team atmosphere and independently
- Ability to prioritize workload as you see fit
- Adopt to day-to-day tasks as they arise
- Communicate with clients to understand their needs
- Tradeshow attending in various geographical areas, indoors and outdoors
- Requires a minimum education – university undergraduate degree or college diploma
- GIS background required
- Statistical background (would be an asset)
- Class G driver’s license
- Clean drivers abstract
- Strong keyboarding skills
- This position is an indoor office environment with the occasional working outdoors for training, help with research or tradeshows.
- May be requested to work overtime throughout the week or weekends.
- Motion Parameters
Employee may be expected to sit at a desk for long hours but optional standing if required is allowable. This position may also require stair climbing, walking, kneeling, and driving.
- Psychological Demands
The position will require quick decision making, problem solving, read and write, and interpret data.